Corporate Accountant, Finance Division - Ministry of Defence (Wellington based)
Are you looking for a rewarding and meaningful career in the Defence and Security Sector? The Ministry of Defence is currently recruiting for an experienced Accountant. We are looking for highly talented and professional individual to work within our dynamic and influential organisation.
You will plan, develop and manage all aspects of the Ministry’s financial management system in a fast paced-environment. A regular part of your role will be communicating with a range of people including teams within the Ministry of Defence.
To be successful in this role you need to display excellent judgement as well as enjoy working collaboratively to solve problems and make decisions. You will also possess the following qualities:
- A tertiary qualification in Finance;
- 3-5 years of proven experience working in a high preforming finance team;
- A high level of integrity and trustworthiness;
- Outstanding interpersonal and liaison skills;
- Advanced verbal and written communication skills;
- Excellent self-management with a good ability to prioritise in the face of a demanding workload.
We offer a range of benefits that include professional development opportunities. Most importantly, the outcomes from your work will have a direct impact on the security of New Zealand.
If you fit the criteria above and are looking for a fulfilling career where you will be encouraged to excel then we are keen to hear from you.
Applicants must be a New Zealand citizen and be prepared to undergo the background checks necessary to obtain and maintain a high level security clearance.
Applications close Thursday, 29 January 2015.
Application for position and Job Description
If you have the prerequisites and wish to apply for the position, the Ministry of Defence Application for Employment Form and Job Description are available by clicking the following links and can also be obtained by emailing: HumanResources@defence.govt.nz
- Corporate Accountant Job Description in pdf format (110kb)
- Corporate Accountant Job Description in MSWord format (1,227kb)
Ministry of Defence Application for Employment Form
Please note a Ministry of Defence Application for Employment Form must be submitted with your application and responses will be electronic where an email address is supplied.
- Ministry of Defence Application for Employment Form (Accessible - MSWord format 281kb)
- Ministry of Defence Application for Employment Form (Printable - pdf format 86kb)
Date applications due
Applications are to be received no later thanThursday, 29 January 2015. Late applications will not be accepted.
The Ministry has a commitment to equal employment opportunities.
Guide for applicants
Please view the Guide for Applicants when applying for a position with the Ministry of Defence.
Note for potential applicants
All positions within the Ministry of Defence require the employee to have an appropriate security clearance. Therefore, any offer of employment is conditional upon an appropriate security clearance being obtained for the applicant.
Should we proceed with your application, we will request the completion of an application for a security clearance.
Security clearances must be maintained.
If your application is successful and you are not already an employee of Ministry of Defence we will require to see the following:
- Your certificate of registration of birth
- Certificates of your educational qualifications
- If applicable, evidence of your New Zealand Citizenship or residence.