NH90 Medium Utility Helicopter
Client: Royal New Zealand Air Force
To acquire a Medium Utility Helicopter to replace the Iroquois utility helicopter with a capability that meets the New Zealand Defence Force's contemporary needs.
In July 2006 the Government approved a project budget of NZ$771.7 million excluding GST.
A contract was signed with NATO Helicopter Industries (NHI) in July 2006 for eight operational helicopters.
- NZ3309 (Attrition Airframe) Delivered October 2011
- NZ3301 Delivered December 2011
- NZ3302 Delivered December 2011
- NZ3003 Delivered October 1st 2012
- NZ3004 Delivered October 1st 2012
The forecast delivery dates for the remaining Helicopters are:
- NZ3305 April 2013
- NZ3306 April 2013
- NZ3307 September 2013
- NZ3308 November 2013
Ministry of Defence
PO Box 12703
Phone: +64 4 496 0678
Fax: +64 4 496 0859
As at March 2013