The Ministry's Acquisition Division is committed to providing best practise quality management to assure continual compliance to Quality Standard requirements.
The Acquisition Division's approach is to strive for quality enhancements resulting from a process of continuous improvement. The Division develops and maintains quality programmes, quality plans, manuals, systems and procedures to ensure:
- Compliance with statutory regulations and requirements
- Compliance with ISO 9001:2008 standards
- Staff development through training and education
- Continuous improvement through internal evaluation and auditing
- The Acquisition Division provides its customer (NZDF) with the services and products that meets the Government's requirements.
The Acquisition Division is proud to hold AS/NZS ISO 9001:2008 accreditation issued by Bureau Veritas Certification New Zealand.
Bureau Veritas Certification New Zealand certifies that the Management System of the Ministry of Defence Acquisition Division has been audited and found to be in accordance with the requirements of the management system standard AS/NZS ISO 9001:2008.
Scope of supply
Defence Acquisitions of major items of military equipment and design of management systems to support these activities.
Original approval date: 16 December 1997. Certificate is valid till 6 May 2013.