Singapore Proposal to Base F-15 Fighter Jets at Ohakea Base - 2018 Cabinet Documents
This publication provides documents on Cabinet’s consideration of the advice of officials on the assessment of the Ohakea proposal and Cabinet’s noting on 10 December 2018 that the proposal to base Singapore’s F-15s at Ohakea has reached a conclusion.
ERS-18-MIN-0027, ERS-18-SUB-0027, ERS-18-MIN-0009 and ERS-18-SUB-0009.
The publication comprises:
- the December 2018 Cabinet minute: Singapore Proposal to Base F-15 Fighter Jets at Ohakea Air Base: Further Report [ERS-18-MIN-0027]
- the Cabinet paper: Singapore Proposal to Base F-15 Fighter Jets at Ohakea Air Base: Report Back to Cabinet [ERS-18-SUB-0027]
- the May 2018 Cabinet minute: Singapore Proposal to Base F15 Fighter Jets at Ohakea Air Force Base [ERS-18-MIN-0009]
- the Cabinet paper: Singapore Proposal to Base F15 Fighter Jets at Ohakea Air Force Base [ERS-18-SUB-0009].
Certain information is withheld pursuant to the following sections of the Official Information Act 1982, where the making available of the information would be likely to prejudice:
- the security or defence of New Zealand or the international relations of the Government of New Zealand [section 6(a)]
- the entrusting of information to the Government of New Zealand on the basis of confidence by the Government of any other country [section 6(b)(i)].
An annex to the May 2018 Cabinet paper is withheld in full in accordance with the above provisions.
Information is also withheld in order to:
- protect information where the making available of the information would be likely unreasonably to prejudice the commercial position of the person who supplied or who is the subject of the information [section 9(2)(b)(ii)]
- maintain the constitutional conventions for the time being which protect the confidentiality of advice tendered by Ministers of the Crown and officials [s9(2)(f)(iv)]
- maintain the effective conduct of public affairs through the free and frank expression of opinions by or between or to Ministers of the Crown or members of an organisation or officers and employees of any department or organisation in the course of their duty [section 9(2)(g)(i)].
Where information has been withheld in accordance with section 9(2) of the Act, no public interest has been identified that would outweigh the reasons for withholding it.
Information about making an Official Information Act request to the Ministry of Defence is available from this page.
© Crown Copyright
This copyright work is licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 New Zealand licence. In essence, you are free to copy, distribute and adapt the work, as long as you attribute the work to the Ministry of Defence and abide by the other licence terms.
To view a copy of this licence, visit http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/3.0/nz/. Please note that no Ministry of Defence or New Zealand Government emblem, logo or Coat of Arms may be used in any way which infringes any provision of the Flags, Emblems, and Names Protection Act 1981 or would infringe such provision if the relevant use occurred within New Zealand. Attribution to the Ministry of Defence should be in written form and not by reproduction of any such emblem, logo or Coat of Arms.