Defence Force: Operational and Regulatory Aviation Compliance Sustainment - Release of Cabinet Documents
This publication provides documents supporting Cabinet’s April 2019 decision to approve up to $56.832 million to invest in the ORACS Phase One project. This will update systems for identification and air traffic management for New Zealand Defence Force aircraft.
The publication comprises:
- the Cabinet minute: Defence Force: Operational and Regulatory Aviation Compliance Sustainment [GOV-19-MIN-0014]
- the associated Cabinet paper Defence Force: Operational and Regulatory Aviation Compliance Sustainment [GOV-19-SUB-0014].
The attachment to the Cabinet paper includes errors in the page numbering. The included pack includes all pages as provided to Cabinet.
Certain information has been withheld from the documents, in accordance with the following provisions of the Official Information Act 1982. Where information is withheld this is indicated in the documents.
In addition, the business case for this project is withheld in full in accordance with the following provisions of the Act. Recognising the public interest in information on the investment decision, the Cabinet paper provides a summary of the key information that formed the basis of Cabinet’s decision to invest this funding.
Certain information is withheld, where the making available of the information would be likely to prejudice:
- the security or defence of New Zealand or the international relations of the Government of New Zealand [section 6(a)]
- the entrusting of information to the Government of New Zealand on the basis of confidence by the Government of any other country [section 6(b)(i)].
In addition, certain information has been withheld in order to:
- protect information where the making available of the information would be likely unreasonably to prejudice the commercial position of the person who supplied the information [section 9(2)(b)(ii)]
- maintain the constitutional conventions for the timing being which protect the confidentiality of advice tendered by Ministers of the Crown and officials [section 9(2)(f)(iv)]
- enable a Minister of the Crown or any department or organisation holding the information to carry out, without prejudice or disadvantage, negotiations [section 9(2)(j)].
Where information is withheld pursuant to section 9(2), it is not considered that the public interest in this information outweighs the need to protect it.
Information about making an Official Information Act request to the Ministry of Defence is available from this page.
© Crown Copyright
This copyright work is licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 New Zealand licence. In essence, you are free to copy, distribute and adapt the work, as long as you attribute the work to the Ministry of Defence and abide by the other licence terms.
To view a copy of this licence, visit http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/3.0/nz/. Please note that no Ministry of Defence or New Zealand Government emblem, logo or Coat of Arms may be used in any way which infringes any provision of the Flags, Emblems, and Names Protection Act 1981 or would infringe such provision if the relevant use occurred within New Zealand. Attribution to the Ministry of Defence should be in written form and not by reproduction of any such emblem, logo or Coat of Arms.