Extension Requests For Peace And Security Leadership Mandates
This publication provides documents associated with Cabinet’s May 2021 decisions on extensions to three peace and security leadership mandates: the Multinational Force and Observers (MFO) Force Commander contingent; the United Nations Mission in South Sudan (UNMISS) Force Chief of Staff role; and the Combined Task Force 150 (CTF150) maritime security Command Team.
The pack comprises the following documents:
- the Cabinet paper Extension Requests For Peace And Security Leadership Mandates [CAB-21-SUB-0176]
- the associated minute Extension Requests For Peace And Security Leadership Mandates [CAB-21-MIN-0176].
It has been necessary to withhold certain information in accordance with the following provisions of the Official Information Act 1982. Where information is withheld, the relevant sections of the Act are indicated in the body of the document. Where information has been withheld in accordance with section 9(2) of the Act, no public interest has been identified that would outweigh the reasons for withholding it.
Information is withheld where making it available would be likely to prejudice:
- the security or defence of New Zealand or the international relations of the Government of New Zealand [section 6(a)]
- the entrusting of information to the Government of New Zealand on the basis of confidence by the Government of any other country [section 6(b)(i)]
- the entrusting of information to the Government of New Zealand on the basis of confidence by any international organisation [section 6(b)(ii)].
In addition, certain information has been withheld in order to:
- protect the privacy of natural persons, including that of deceased natural persons [s9(2)(a)]
- maintain the effective conduct of public affairs through the free and frank expression of opinions by or between or to Ministers of the Crown or members of an organisation or officers and employees of any department or organisation in the course of their duty [section 9(2)(g)(i)].
Where information is withheld pursuant to section 9(2), it is not considered that the public interest in this information outweighs the need to protect it.
Information about making an Official Information Act request to the Ministry of Defence is available from this page
© Crown Copyright
This copyright work is licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 New Zealand licence. In essence, you are free to copy, distribute and adapt the work, as long as you attribute the work to the Ministry of Defence and abide by the other licence terms.
To view a copy of this licence, visit http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/3.0/nz/. Please note that no Ministry of Defence or New Zealand Government emblem, logo or Coat of Arms may be used in any way which infringes any provision of the Flags, Emblems, and Names Protection Act 1981 or would infringe such provision if the relevant use occurred within New Zealand. Attribution to the Ministry of Defence should be in written form and not by reproduction of any such emblem, logo or Coat of Arms.