Support to Solomon Islands 2021
This publication provides information surrounding the 2021 decision to provide New Zealand Defence Force support to Solomon Islands.
The pack comprises the following documents:
- 29 November 2021 Aide Memoire: Options for an NZDF Deployment as part of New Zealand’s Assistance to the Solomon Islands
- 1 December 2021 Ministerial submission: New Zealand Defence Deployment to Solomon Islands
- 3 December 2021 Ministerial submission: Deployment of a New Zealand Defence Force Offshore Patrol Vessel to Solomon Islands
It has been necessary to withhold certain information in accordance with the following provisions of the Official Information Act 1982. Where information is withheld, the relevant sections of the Act are indicated in the body of the document. Where information has been withheld in accordance with section 9(2) of the Act, no public interest has been identified that would outweigh the reasons for withholding it.
Information is withheld where making it available would be likely to prejudice:
- the security or defence of New Zealand or the international relations of the Government of New Zealand [section 6(a)]
- the entrusting of information to the Government of New Zealand on the basis of confidence by the Government of any other country [section 6(b)(i)].
Information is also withheld in order to:
- to maintain legal privilege [section 9(2)(h)]
© Crown Copyright
This copyright work is licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 New Zealand licence. In essence, you are free to copy, distribute and adapt the work, as long as you attribute the work to the Ministry of Defence and abide by the other licence terms.
To view a copy of this licence, visit http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/3.0/nz/. Please note that no Ministry of Defence or New Zealand Government emblem, logo or Coat of Arms may be used in any way which infringes any provision of the Flags, Emblems, and Names Protection Act 1981 or would infringe such provision if the relevant use occurred within New Zealand. Attribution to the Ministry of Defence should be in written form and not by reproduction of any such emblem, logo or Coat of Arms.