New Zealand Defence Force: Encrypted Radio Upgrade for NH90 and A109 Helicopters
This publication provides the Cabinet paper and associated minute of decision on the transfer of funding between approved phases of the Operational and Regulatory Aviation Compliance Sustaiment to allow an upgrade to the encrypted radios of the eight NH90 and five A109 helicopters flown by the New Zealand Defence Force.
- the Cabinet minute of decision: New Zealand Defence Force: Encrypted Radio Upgrade for NH90 and A109 Helicopters [GOV-23-MIN-0004]
- the associated Cabinet paper: New Zealand Defence Force: Encrypted Radio Upgrade for NH90 and A109 Helicopters [GOV-23-SUB-0004]
It has been necessary to withhold certain information in accordance with the following provisions of the Official Information Act 1982. Where information is withheld, the relevant sections of the Act are indicated in the body of the document. Where information has been withheld in accordance with section 9(2) of the Act, no public interest has been identified that would outweigh the reasons for withholding it.
Information is withheld where making it available would be likely to prejudice:
- the security or defence of New Zealand or the international relations of the Government of New Zealand [section 6(a)]
- the entrusting of information to the Government of New Zealand on a basis of confidence by the Government of any other country of any agency of such a Government [section 6(b)(i)]
Information is also withheld in order to:
- protect information where the making available of the information be likely unreasonably to prejudice the commercial position of the person who supplied or who is subject of the information [section 9(2)(b)(ii)]
- maintain the constitutional conventions for the timing being which protect the confidentiality of advice tendered by Ministers of the Crown and officials [section 9(2)(f)(iv)]
- enable a Minister of the Crown or any department or organisation holding the information to carry out, without prejudice or disadvantage, negotiations [section 9(2)(j)].
© Crown Copyright
This copyright work is licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 New Zealand licence. In essence, you are free to copy, distribute and adapt the work, as long as you attribute the work to the Ministry of Defence and abide by the other licence terms.
To view a copy of this licence, visit http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/3.0/nz/. Please note that no Ministry of Defence or New Zealand Government emblem, logo or Coat of Arms may be used in any way which infringes any provision of the Flags, Emblems, and Names Protection Act 1981 or would infringe such provision if the relevant use occurred within New Zealand. Attribution to the Ministry of Defence should be in written form and not by reproduction of any such emblem, logo or Coat of Arms.